Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 1 Minus the Crap

So today I am starting a year long journey of trying to live a life without all the junk I don't need. So much of my life has been burdened down with insecurity and doubt. I listen more to "everyones" voice than the Holy Spirit. So today I start a blogging journey. A journey where I write about my struggles and my convictions. This is not a destination but a journey of learning the process of living without all the crap that has crippled me for so long. I want to be free of CRAP! Free to live, free to try it our way (mine and God's) instead of everyones way.

This blog may be filled with my nutritional diary, my exercise adventures, stress reducing practices and much more. Hopefully this blog will most importantly be filled with my daily praise of how the Lord is connecting with me. He is why I want to be free. I know he wants me free. I know that he died so I could be free, He loves me and He wants me to live an abundant life. Not free from struggle but certainly a life minus the crap!

So day 1, how did I start off this journey? With laughter. Tonight I went to the Women of Faith conference here in Charlotte, NC. I laughed and laughed and laughed and then when tears finally stopped running down my face from laughing so hard, they started running down my face because I was crying. I left with no make-up left on my face. The tears had completely washed it away. The tears of laughter and tears of emotion washed away the makeup I had put on to try to cover up the imperfections in my face. The makeup I had put on in an effort to improve how I was viewed was washed away. I know it washed away so much more. Laughter washed away stress and tension. The laughter combined with poinient truth washed away CRAP in my heart and soul. What a beautiful way to start this journey. Ken Davis, thank you for letting the Lord use your gift of humor to reach me tonight!

No comments: