Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 3

One of the important reasons for doing this blog is to experiment with eating and exercising the way I think I should.  For many years I have looked at different programs or diets and even tried some; however there are always things about the different diets that I don't agree with.  I am sick and tired of always trying to fit into someones idea of how they think it should be, when I think I know how I should be eating.  So here is my plan.  


1.  Fresh food
2. Vegetarian
3. Food must be colorful
4. Keep food as much in its natural form as possible
5. High calorie food must be high quality (desserts should be homemade with good ingredients etc.)
6. Eating out...pay more eat less ( make sure to eat in quality places)
7. When eating what others have prepared for you... JUST EAT and enjoy!
8. Sit down, and toast! (make the meal an experience, light candles, enjoy conversation!)
9. Whole grains
10. Don't eat fake sweeteners or fats. 

That is about it.  Today I made homemade waffles with real maple syrup for the Kendall boys who were staying with us, Chris scrambled some eggs and browned some sausage links (veg).  For lunch I had a bowl of leftover homemade beef stew and tonight for supper lentil stew and homemade bread. I believe that it is important to invite people over and to sit down and really dine.  So we invited Carolyn to come and eat with us when she picked up the boys.  It was a joy to eat together and the food was natural whole and delicious!  It was a great day.  I spent time working on a brochure, enjoyed some down time.  Watched a romantic movie and made homemade bread. It has been a good day.  Most importantly I ate a waffle, delighted in the homemade bread and refused to let all the voices of others fill my head!

So day 3 
1.  minus - the processed fast food
2. minus - the idea that I shouldn't enjoy bread or waffles!

No comments: