Friday, August 17, 2012

328- Negativity

Negativity is (C)!  Today was a long day at early registration here at Mount Pisgah Academy.  I met lots of new people, new students and their families.  It was so exciting and uplifting. I love seeing the excitement of the students returning and watching the returning students already connecting with the new students!  It was beautiful.

Very late after spending time with friends and falling into bed, after talking to my brother (such a joy), Chris calls.  He was asking me how my day was and all I could say was, "it was OK."  I felt down,  almost deeply negative about the day.  Yet there was so much that was so good, so why?  As I started to tell him about my day the one thing that dominated my description of the day was one conversation.  One conversation with someone I work with (NOT anyone who reads this blog, so don't start wondering if it was you :)), that was terribly negative.  Negative about everything.  Nothing this person talked about was uplifting or positive.  It wasn't until late, late, after getting off the phone with Chris that it dawned on me, that my day was stinky, absolutely vile because of someone else and their negative (C)!  It was over powering all the other amazing blessings of my day.

So how do I wash it off?  How do I stop letting it permeate my entire day?  Here is what I am going to try....

1. Started my day by getting several little things done for registration early... everything went smooth.
2. Had my hair cut by someone new and I love her.  Not just how she cut my hair but our conversation, she is a delight.  It was such fun connecting with her and hearing her story.
3. Bought a new purse.
4. Found a delicious healthy lunch that was quick.
5. Love love loved watching the returning students, the new leaders for this year working hard to make registration a wonderful experience.  Wow they are impressive.  So proud of our students.
6. Met so many new families, heard so many wonderful stories about what led them to Pisgah.  So beautiful how our Savior works.
7. Several returning students who barely spoke to me before, were almost chatty.  I love that!
8. Had a conversation with a new student.... her one fear.... she wouldn't get the opportunity to play piano.  She loves playing worship music....connected her with several students and staff.  What a blessing to have students come that want to get involved.
9. Had amazing conversations, adult conversations with my friends, Beth, Tammy, Kim, Vonda, Becca, Matt, and Ryan.
10. Had a wonderful conversation with Kim S. about helping me with drama.  Such a blessing to know I will have help!!!
11. Had a short but beautiful worship with God. I saw him working and so involved in my day!  I am so appreciative to serve a Savior who delights in me!
12. Had a connecting long conversation with my husband!!!!!!!!! What a man of God he is! I love him so much! Tonight I am especially thankful he took the time when we were both tired to ask questions to draw me out, to connect!  I am so honored to love him!
13. Hugged my daughter.

 Lord, thank you for this day!  Thank you for the evidence of You woven in beautiful gold sparkly threads throughout the entire day.  I pray that You will guide me and keep my eyes turned toward You and all the many blessings that our poured out each and every day.  May I see You!  May I experience You! May I know You! 

No comments: