Sunday, August 26, 2012

338- A day with my man!

Sunday, no kids home, only a couple must do things, so we did a lot of nothing!  It was lovely.  We had planned on taking a ride on the motorcycle and finding a place to have breakfast.  However, as we were starting to get ready we got a call from Andrew who was driving over to college.  He was having some car trouble so.... we decided we better stay close to the phone and close to home in case we needed to take a very long road trip.  So I made breakfast and we did more of nothing.  There is no question we were sick about Andrews car. He has had the worst car luck.  This is a car we just bought on Friday... and now it is giving him problems.  What a let down.  It may be nothing much but it could be bad.  Once again people I love are being disappointed-- that brings up (C) for me.  Today I just kept trying to keep it positive.  Both Chris and Andrew were having a really difficult day.

Later in the day we headed into town for supper and then waited for Anna to arrive in Charlotte on the bus after a little jaunt to Florida.  It was good to see her.  We took her to get some food and then headed home.  Over all tonight I am counting my blessings.  Andrew is dealing with disappointment, but he is safe at Southern,  Sarah is safe, Anna is home safe, I am in a marriage with a man who adores me,  and I serve a Savior who promises that all things--- even disappointment--- will work together for good, because I am HIS!!!! 

Tonight I am praying for my girl and my boy at Southern!  Thanking him for my blessings and asking for wisdom to navigate being a parent to three wonderful adults.

No comments: