Sunday, August 19, 2012

330- Brilliant! He knows my name.

This has been a very long day.  It is just past midnight and I have an early morning, so I will try to keep this quick.  My day started at home with a frantic rush to get out the door for church, by 8:41, packed for pisgah and food ready for pot luck.  I made it just in time to be incredibly blessed watching my daughter lead worship with her father playing bass.  It was truly incredible.  She has a voice that is like a clear bell.  I was thankful to be recording it so that I didn't have to sing,  I could just listen.   (I'm sorry I can't figure out how to post the picture to this blog... Perhaps another time)

After a wonderful time with my church family, being elder for second service and a quick pot luck I was on the way to Pisgah.  I took a short stop at a dear friends house.  She has been going through a huge challenge in her life... perhaps a devastating blow would be more accurate.  We just chatted, and I listened.  I ache for her and wish I could snap my fingers and make it all better, but all I could do was listen.   I was blessed by our time, seeing how the Lord is carrying her through.  She then joined me and we went to a local church for an evening of music and drama.  I knew it was going to be good when the very first song sung could not have been more perfect for my dear friend.  The song is this....


It was no accident! No coincidence, it was a God thing! 

Then the program continued and there was a lady there to talk about a home for battered women.  We were taking up an offering and it was going to this ministry.  Hearing her talk reminded me and challenged me to make sure I don't ignore the pull I felt this summer to give some time to help those in need.   It was beautiful hearing all they are doing for those in need.

Then the drama started.  It was about women in the bible and their relationship to Jesus.  When my friend Kim (who had invited me) stood up and started with her monologue I was blown away, brought to tears and laughter.  It was perfect, brilliant, so fun!!!!  Her monologue was sassy, smart, daring, and poignant.  He beautifully depicted how much our Savior cares about us, cares to know us..... He knows my name!  She then sang and the song she sang was as beautiful as her monologue.  Wow!  Wow! Wow!  I was blessed so much by this evening.



After the event I then spent some more time with my friend and now I'm back at the grandparents hoping to get to sleep soon.  It was a very full day!  Full of blessings, seeing the Lord work, being reminded of how much he is present!  How thankful I am to serve and love a God who intimately cares for me! I am thankful to have friends in my life who not only know Him, but who are also an example of what can happen when we let him in! 

No comments: