Friday, August 24, 2012

334- Home Sweet Home!

Today I woke up in my own bed. What a huge blessing that is!  I was thinking how so many people don't have their own bed to wake up in....I can't imagine.  Being on the road so much, and not being home makes these mornings all the sweeter.

Most of my day was spent in town with a friend looking for used furniture to redecorate our new pastors office.  It was fun getting to spend time with Lucy and it was also good to use the decorator side of me.  I loved the hunt and the searching for something great, for a great price.  We then were able to have lunch together and catch up.  After a wonderful time with Lucy I was back home to just do NOTHING! 

I ended up watching some TV.  Chris was out late with Andrew.  They went and saw a movie.  I enjoyed my time alone.  I adore my husband and spending time with him is priceless, but this was a wonderful time, a wonderful time of just taking my time and doing whatever I wanted.  Knowing what I want to do is sometimes hard for me.  Knowing what I want to do eat, etc.  Much of  my life I have had friends who have strong opinions and that has been fine with me.  I can make decisions but that is different from knowing what I want.  So tonight was an exercise in just letting myself do whatever I wanted. I watched every episode of "Bun Heads" a new show Anna had on the DVR.  It was fun and I didn't have to wonder what anyone was thinking or if anyone would prefer to watch something else,.....etc....etc.

Oh how sweet it is to be home sweet home! 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Bunheads is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE, so I know you enjoyed!!!!