Tuesday, September 4, 2012

344- Sabbath, Blessings upon Blessings

So I will start tonight's post by talking about last night, Friday night the beginning of the Holy Sabbath day.  Friday night Chris and I had the privilege of going over to the Kendall home for dinner.  We had not seen them in a very long time.  My God children are growing up and I don't see them enough.  So we headed over to their home for a last minute, pull it together dinner.  We had an amazing time, the food was so good, lasagna, caprese salad,  yum yum yum.  However the best part was when my God children wanted to go and have worship.  They wanted to sing, play music and praise God together.  It was such a blessing.  Josh has started playing drums and so this was a lively praise session that just brought the house down.  He has just started playing so it is all about the runs, the cymbals and a beat or two in between!  It was amazing. He is really good for just starting, but the best part was the joy and the confidence that he played with.  Never concerned with anything other than praising with those drums and doing it as fancy as possible.

What a wonderful example of how we should come before the Lord in worship, with confidence that He will delight in our offerings to him, and willing to lay it all on the line, as joy filled, as loud, with our absolute best, come before God and fall at his feet and praise Him.  I was so thankful for his example!  Thanks Josh.

Sabbath morning we headed out to church early.  Chris was elder which meant he had to be there early.  So I rushed around trying to make sure I was ready on time.  I was, and off to church we went.  Church was nice, the music blessed me, the sermon challenged me and then we had planned to go home and spend the rest of the day resting and being together.  However, we were reminded that there was a concert being held at our church that afternoon, and one of the group members was one of my students.  I wanted to be there, to support.  Then one of the other elders in the church asked if we could talk and that lead to lunch plans.  To make a long story short, Chris and I found ourselves giving someone a ride home after the concert and by that time it was way past time for dinner.  Chris decided we would stop and eat before heading home.  So we found a new place and stopped to eat.

As we talked we started making plans for brunch the next day. We had invited a couple from our church and their two children over for brunch.  We were looking forward to cooking for them and fellowshipping together.   As we talked about it I told Chris I really wanted to buy a high chair.  One would expect a "you are a crazy wife" look-- if not comment,  from any good husband!  However it didn't even phase him.  He just said, "OK".  I proceeded to tell him which high chair I wanted and from what store.  Now I wish I could draw you a map of our day.  Let's just say this....  Home to church 20 min.  church to home (to change for lunch and concert) 20 min.  Home to lunch 17 min.  Lunch to church 15min. Church to home of church member we were dropping off 30 min.  Members home to restaurant 10 min.  restaurant to home WOULD have been 30 min.  INSTEAD:  restaurant to Ikea 45 min. (in pouring rain storms) Ikea to home 45 min.

We did not arrive home until very late Sat. night.  Yet it was a remarkable day.  I can not tell you how loved I felt because of a high chair.  Seriously, it wasn't that Chris bought it for us, it was that he understood my heart, that he loved me enough not to turn this into a debate.  He loved me enough to make the drive and drive and drive.  Wow what a huge deal this was.  We arrived home after being gone for more than 15 hours.  What a day.

There is nothing better at keeping the (C) away or being resilient to (C) than to be spending time praising God.  Today there was lots of that.  We praised, we sang, we listened to others.  I came home exhausted yet filled!

No comments: