Wednesday, September 5, 2012

346- Friends (Mon)

Perhaps one of the most valuable things I have learned from this process is the importance of friendships.  This weekend was packed with friend moments.  I had a great time with Amy on Friday, the Kendalls Friday night, Maria sabbath lunch, Lorelle sabbath afternoon, Sam and Didi Sunday morning and now on Monday I had errands to run, work to accomplish and lunch to have with several amazing ladies.  It was a time to share, a time to affirm each other and a time to let it all out.

There were several moments in the day when I was blown away by how incredibly deep and intelligent these women are.  I was moved by their openness and their willingness to be real!  What a blessing.   I will say this, I have a new found appreciation for what  the female friends in my life bring.

I have always had a wonderful relationship with Chris, he is my best friend for sure.  So many times women like to get together and gripe about the opposite sex, their husbands, boyfriends etc.  I have no desire to sit and "*itch" about my man.  I don't like sitting around and whining.  I think relationships with girlfriends need to be, must be about growing so that our relationships are better!  My time with my girlfriends should send me home more determined to be a better wife and a better friend to my man!  This weekend it has been that way with all these connections.  Each conversation made me want to be more connected to my family, to my God, and to my man!  That is in a nut shell the definition of a great friendship! 

After my time today, all I could think about was how rich I am!  Wealthy with friends who are not just lunching friends, but deep get to the gut friends.  People who challenge me and won't take (C).  They pray for me and love me just as I am and me them. 

I am thankful for today and feel richer for it!

No comments: