Wednesday, September 12, 2012

354- Home again

Today was a very busy and very productive day at work.  I worked hard and fast from early to 3pm when I picked up Abby and we started down the road to Charlotte.  I had agreed to take her home today and boy am I glad I did.  Today was one of those days when if I didn't have another commitment I would have stayed a couple more days.  There was that much to do.  I wrote letters to parents, prepared mailings, worked on making decisions and so much more.  I left with a lot yet to do, but I had to go--- so I did. 

As Abby and I drove home we had plenty of opportunity to talk.  She is an amazing girl that I have known since the days she was born and yet it seems as if I am just now getting to really know her.  She is smart, an amazing worker, organized, dedicated, honest, and a joy to be around.  As we got closer and closer to home, she started texting her mom more and more often giving updates as to our location.  As we drove into her neighborhood you could feel her excitement.  It has been three and a half weeks since she has been home and this is her fist time away from home for that length of time.  As we approached her home she was surprised to see her sister, mother and father all in the driveway waiting to see her.  They were all so excited they couldn't stand it! Amy told me their entire family, grandparents, aunts, uncles.... everyone is coming for a Friday night family dinner in honor of her return home for break.  Some of the family is driving more than two hours to come for just a dinner--- just a chance to see her.  Mind you all of the family has seen her at some point in the last 3 weeks, and they all have plans at other times to see her between now and when she heads back to school, but they all wanted to come with the dedicated purpose of celebrating Abby's return home for break.

Can you imagine such fuss?  Can you imagine being lavished with such joy at the mere presence of you? What an incredible beautiful example of how much our heavenly father desires to be with us. I am sure some of you are thinking it is too much, it must be spoiling her.  I am here to say this girl does not think the world revolves around her, she has the strength to be who she is!  She is not selfish, but is secure in knowing she has an amazing support system and she can share with others!  She is not focused on herself, but sees the need in others around her and is happy to help out and love them.

Tonight in spite of all of my failings, my short comings, tonight I tried to picture Jesus with all his angels sitting at the gates, anxiously waiting for me.  So excited, eyes filled with joy at the site of me.  I imagine Jesus saying something like, "I am so glad to have you home, it has not been the same without you here!"  "Just wait till you see what I have prepared for you!!! It is beautiful, yummy, and your favorite and everyone is here to celebrate!!!"   Oh what a day that will be! 

Tonight I don't weigh any less than I did yesterday, tonight my clothes don't fit any better, yet tonight I feel more the princess, more longed for, more prepared for than last night.  Thanks to the King family for reminding me, that.... "I go to prepare a place for you.... that where I am there ye may be also!!!!!!"  Oh what a day that will be!

No comments: