Saturday, September 15, 2012

357- Motorcycle ride, the color green, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

What a day it has been.  This morning I woke with Chris and headed to Monroe on the back of his motorcycle to have breakfast with my man.  We had such a nice time, riding in the cool air, and then eating together.  IT is such a treat to be around him and be able to eat together.  I love talking to him, seeing the twinkle in his eyes.  It was a special morning.   After picking up my car from the shop, I headed "home" or that was what I had planned. I had the idea to stop by a fabric salvage shop where I used to buy lots of fabric for making clothes for my kids.  I would get amazing deals.  I thought I would stop in and see if I could find anything for our bed room.  After looking around quite awhile and finding nothing I decided to look in the scrap bin.  I found nothing for my room, and then I saw a little piece of fabric I loved, it was green and shiny.  I knew it wasn't good for my room.... then I thought.... kitchen.   I have been needing to repaint the kitchen so badly but have not been able to decide on a color.  Here it was the perfect shade of green.  I started digging hoping to find enough fabric to make at least a valence for the windows.... I fount three little pieces.  Barely enough.  I went to pay and it was only 4 dollars.  4 dollars for possible valences for my kitchen.  Pretty cool.  Better yet, I have a color.  I then went to find paint swatches and then a couple other stops.  Then on my way home, I'm driving past Chris's office and realize it is 12:10... lunch time... so I call and he agrees to eat lunch with me... two meals in one day.  What a treat.

Then home---taped paint samples to the wall.  I'm so excited about the kitchen, I can't begin to tell you.  I am ready to have a painting party on Sunday.... we'll see. 

Then this evening I made Strawberry Rhubarb pie before the kids arrived.  When they walked in the home smelled like pie.... so nice.  We had music playing and then great conversation.

So what does all this have to do with this blog.  Well isn't if funny how when I was a homemaker and all I did was work on the house take care of children, eat with my man, eat sleep and drink decorating, and recipes---- I longed to be more, to work or go to school, I just needed more!  Now I am working-- love my job--have two college degrees--- and the greatest joys in my life are the days like today when I get to cook, decorate and spend time with my man.

I have spent way too much time trying to find fulfillment in accomplishments, or doing things right.  I have spent too much time shaming myself, piling the (C) on for one reason or another instead of being content right where I am.  Yes life isn't perfect, I'm not perfect, but I can be thankful for today, thankful for where I am.  Today I am thankful to be home, with two of my amazing kids and Becca, missing Sarah but thankful I talked with her.  Tonight I am trying to only focus on the blessings of where I am stop there.  I have to remember my lesson from my 1/2 marathon, top looking back or forward and just do today what I can.  Just take steps one at a time and be content in that! 


No comments: