Wednesday, September 5, 2012

347 - Back to work (Tues)

As always this is a difficult day for me.  Back to work, away from home.... until I get to Pisgah.  Once there I am as happy as can be!  I love my work, know it is what I should be doing and can't wait to get things accomplished.  So the morning was awful.  I dreaded it so much, hated getting ready, couldn't seem to get out the door, then finally I made it to work and then felt silly for the difficult time. 

This year I have Abby A. and Abby K. working for me.  AA is a Junior  and AK is a Freshman. They are both creative, and smart, dedicated and quick to get things done.  As a result they are keeping me on my toes.  As soon as I give them a task they seem to get it done.  I walk in the door and we hit it running.  In a matter of a couple hours we had tons of work done.  It is such a good feeling.  We are cranking out the work and having fun doing it.  I love love it!!

I always feel behind, like there are things that need to get done that haven't gotten done, but what a difference a year makes.  This year we are getting things checked off the list and I have Abbys to thank for that! 

Hands down one of the best parts of my day.... wait for it.... wait for it.... yep... you will never guess.... was spending time with my grandparents!  Yep you read right!!!!  After work I went over and bothered the Vaughan household for a while trying to avoid my grandparents.  There are just some days when I am not excited about being guarded, hearing hurtful things, etc.  Today was one of those days.  I had a lovely time at the Vaughans watching some tv and just chatting.  It was wonderful getting caught up.  Then I decided I had to head to the grandparents thinking they would already be asleep---but they were still up.  Still awake.  I decided to go say hello in their bed room.  I ended up sitting in their chair at the foot of their bed and talking.  It was pleasant and a real joy.  Grandfather told me how much they appreciated me spending time with them and grandmother laughed a lot.  What a wonderful special time. 

Here is the wonderful part.  As I walked in their home, I was debating.... go down stairs or go and say hello.  This was my prayer, "Lord, I am going to go down the hall and say hello because I want to honor them because you have asked that of me.  Lord, sometimes they sling (C), if they do please help it slide right off, don't let me pick it up and take  it down stairs with me.  Lord please shield me from the (C) if it is thy will."  As I walked down that hall I was prepared, but not guarded.  I knew what might come, but I was ready to let it slide off and.... it was perhaps the best conversation we have had in years!  Go figure.  I was thrilled.  I connected with them, expressed my love for them and then headed downstairs to my basement room to sleep. 

I am so thankful for these moments, and will cherish them.  Today I was reminded that sometimes to do what is right we have to be willing to take some (C), but we don't have to cherish it, or pick it up and play with it. Who knows perhaps just acceptance will help us deal with the crap in a healthy way, or perhaps we won't have to deal with it at all. 


No comments: