Friday, March 9, 2012

Before we even know....

Tonight as we entered the Ballroom there were girls at the door passing out modeling clay.  They were all different colors and even different size pieces.  I took my piece of clay and headed up front to our seat.

The music was amazing!  I danced... to the music... I didn't raise my hands but thought about it :)....but I did dance in praise to my God! (I feel like the slogan would be appropriate here.... "You've come a long way baby") I DANCED!!!!! :)  Thank you Rick Anderson Jr, Becca Anderson, Lucas Tanaka, McKennan Cook, and the others for providing such a beautiful opportunity for me to dance for Jesus :)  It was a good night!!!!  (And that was just the beginning).

I have started Tweeting so I tweeted, and watched the tweets during the rest of the preliminaries and even as the sermon began.  I was also playing with my clay.  I kept thinking, I needed to choose one or the other because my fingers were getting sticky and it would get on my phone.  Playing with the clay was like doodling in 3D. It made it easier for me to listen.  I loved it!   I made a cylinder, then joined the ends and made a doughnut, then I smashed it and it became a washer (flat smashed doughnut), then I started to fold it in half and decided to leave it part way open and realized it looked like lips.  So I started molding it and turned it into lips.

Then back to my phone to tweet something I heard, then back to work on my lips.  I thought how strange that I was focused on lips.  Why? I decided it was because it was almost realistic and I was enjoying feeling like a sculptor....  All this going on as I was listening to the speaker, Tara VinCross Senior Pastor, Chestnut Hill SDA Church & REACH Philadelphia, as she beautifully described how much Jesus loves us.

Then she spoke of how much Jesus wants to mold us, transform us, she encouraged us to pick up our clay and play with it as she talked about the clay having no control as we mold it..... I went back to forming those lips.......

Here is the kicker... she then called us to quietly, prayerfully listen to God, listen to what he is wanting us to use for him..... He chose us first.... He is wanting to use you.... etc.   We were to take our clay and make what he was calling us to use... (or that is what I heard).  I started to smash the lips to start the assignment....

I stopped and looked at the slightly smashed lips I had been working on for sometime.... could it be?... I prayed.... but I was just playing around..... I was just doodling.... now it is time to listen to Jesus....so I didn't crush it but prayed and listened.... Lips :) 



One of those moments when you know He was leading you all along!  So tonight I surrendered my lips to him!

Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel. Proverbs 20:15

No comments: