Thursday, March 15, 2012

What a day with highs and lows....

Well as you already know this day started off with me posting for last night and realizing my short comings as a mom.  Frankly it has given me more drive to keep walking down this path. 

After heading out the door to work, I started trying to get some things done that required me figuring out how to better use indesign, (a program used for design work).  I  spent most of the morning listening to tutorials on Youtube trying to get it figured out.  Then the new conference president came into my office and we chatted about my summer recruiting program.  That was fun, it was nice getting to know him and nice having a break. Then back to work on this project until I went to lunch with the Andersons.  That was fun, we always have a great time, laughing and it was certainly a bright spot. We went to Jason's Deli and I choose a mushroom spinach rap with fresh fruit instead of chips. A good healthy lunch!  Then back to work where I finally found the right tutorial to help me accomplish what I needed to accomplish.  My file that was simply an experiment was turning into the project I needed done,  I was flying along on page 18 of 26 when all of a sudden I had a warning sign pop up that said I had lost connection with the server and could no longer work on the file....

I freaked knowing that I had not saved this project.... now I know I need to save things you work on.... I just had been playing around so had not thought about saving it....who knew my playing around would turn into the actual project..... that is now lost and I would have to start over.  In desperation I called the computer guy to see if there was anything I could do,  He suggested I learn how to save things as I work on them.... (not exactly what I needed to hear) and then said, "Oh,  I was working on a computer and needed to reboot it.... I forgot it had that drive on it,  OOPs,  Sorry."   I just hung up the phone.... I was mad, sad, frustrated etc.  I shut down my computer and left.  I need to make a bank deposit so I used the opportunity to head to town.  I then went and picked up an external hard drive so that I could take these huge projects home. 

After leaving Staples with my purchase I was craving sugary, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!  I needed a dozen hot n now doughnuts so bad!!!!  I knew it was a drug, I knew why I craved it!  I knew it all.  I prayed.  I prayed.  I frankly was pleading my case with God,  Seriously I was saying things like, "surly my day has been bad enough to warrant KKD.  I felt justified in my desire to medicate with food! I finally decided that if I felt justified to medicate with food, I would at least medicate with the best food possible.  Instead of medicate perhaps really feed my body.  Feed my brain good quality, healthy food.  Maybe that would help.  After all it was almost dinner time.  Then I remembered that one of my favorite restaurants in Asheville was just a couple blocks down the road.  It is a totally vegan restaurant that is amazing!  The food is delicious and beautiful, healthy, with fresh locally grown food.  I had decided.  I drove to the Plant and then past it by because no one was there.  I guessed it wasn't open.  I turned around and as I approached it the second time I saw a person inside so decided to stop.  I walked into this restaurant where I was the only person.  I could pick any table... talk about highlighting my aloneness....

Lets just say the food was ridiculously good, the service was great, I loved it!  I had dessert and everything and it was just beautifully satisfying.  So much better than if I had eaten a dozen KKD! (Don't think I'm exaggerating, I've done it before.... only once, but I have!) After my amazing dinner I was feeling better!  So thankful I had chosen healthy over KKD!  So thankful I had agreed to feed my body instead of medicating it!


 I left and headed back, feeling strong enough to face my project and see if I couldn't make some head way on it.  I got in the office, booted up my computer, opened indesign and up came my project!  Not the whole thing but at least some of it and enough that the formatting was at least there. I was so thanking God.  Thanking him for whatever it was that took place so I could find part of my project.  What a huge blessing.  In two hours I redid everything that had been lost. 

I then headed up to the girls dorm to share my half marathon story.  It is always fun to go and meet with the girls.  I love them!

So tonight I am disappointed at how upset I was over the loss of my work.  I am disappointed that I wanted to medicate with KKD so badly, but soooooo thankful I didn't.  SOOOOO thankful for the PLANT, and it's delicious healthy food that fed my body.  Thankful that though I certainly thought about a lot of (C), I washed it off and continued on.  Sooooo thankful I was able to recover some of my work and get back to feeling accomplished.  Soooo thankful that I am going to bed hungry tonight instead of feeling stuffed!!!!

Living minus the (C) is a blessing today and I'm one step, one day closer to being a healthier person overall!  

No comments: