Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday, Sermon preparation time!

Yes the title is not a mistake.  This weekend my parents came to visit.  Mostly because Dad and I have been asked to speak at my alumni weekend at Mount Pisgah Academy in April.  We need sometime to work together.  So they came down Sabbath morning to hear me preach and then today was dedicated to working on our sermon for Alumni.  I have to admit getting up after the last few days knowing I had to work on another sermon was not exciting.  I was ready for a break! But we did.

We worked, talked and contemplated topics etc. It was a very long day.  It is hard enough figuring out sermons on your own much less working together.  Just picking a topic was challenging.  We had different ideas, different thoughts and yet we both do want it to be whatever we are supposed to talk about. Once my mom said that it sure would be nice if Jesus would just tell you.  I couldn't help but think about my struggles on Friday and the realization that perhaps he just wants me to use the mind he has already given me.

It was a challenge but we did finally around 11pm figure out a topic.  That is it.... a topic.  We now have to figure out what to do with it, how to present it etc.

I fought with some (C) today.  It is hard working with your father and still maintaining grown up status.   Not because of anything he was doing!  It is just easy to fall back into being the child.  I didn't want that!  I am not a child, I am a grown woman and I wanted to be that.  Perhaps that is why it took us till 11pm but we made it.

Today, I am trying to let go of being a little girl, feeling like I am still the child and owning my womanhood. Acknowledging where I have come, the wisdom I have gained and speaking boldly about what Jesus has done in my life.  After all to go back to feeling like a child, ignores all that He has done!  That would be a shame.

No comments: