Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Monday...

This morning started off with my parents still being here. I had work that had to get done and I am not very good at doing work while people are around.  I started and tried.  I was able to work through and get a couple things done.  It is always interesting being around my parents.  I find it the most challenging at times feeling like a grown up when I am around them.  I find myself almost being defensive at things that are not necessary, all in an effort to feel grown up.  Frankly in much of my life I still feel like a 16 year old girl who is insecure, unsure of herself and down right silly at times.  I have often told Chris, I am sure he expected that his young bride would one day become an elegant woman.  I'm afraid he is still waiting.... :) I certainly feel more a girl than a woman and being around my parents makes it even more difficult, because I want to be that woman!

So tonight I am trying to feel like a woman :)  Trying to see the woman I have become.  It doesn't mean I can't be playful, and girlish.... but I don't need to feel less of a woman.  Perhaps I need to redefine woman, perhaps I just need to accept the woman I am.  Right now I have the Shania "I feel like a woman" playing in my head :).   I am letting go of the insecurities, the fear, the uncertainty, all the things that make me feel like the 16 year old and embrace the 42 year old woman I am!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I have never looked at you as a girl, or as someone who is incapable. You are 18 years younger than I, but I find your wisdom and talents humbling. If only I could be as good as Beth...so don't look back at that girl of 16, embrace the beauty, confidence and wisdom that you have earned. God has truly blessed you with many talents. Don't worry about any He didn't bless you with. I think you got a HUGE portion of all! XO