Friday, March 9, 2012

Just Claim It.....

So I am in Greensboro NC at the Just Claim It 3, Youth Congress.  I am here with Mount Pisgah Academy, to welcome the youth to the Carolina Conference. It has been an exhausting couple days.  My legs, low back and feet are just in constant pain from being on them all day.  Tonight I was feeling like I had just run a half Marathon... LOL....not really but almost.  We have been running, or manning a booth just as you come in the front door of the hotel.  It is a welcome/information center/ MPA booth wrapped up into one!

I am so thrilled we have the opportunity and proud of how our students are doing.  We have 12 or so students here that are helping out with the booth and helping in any other way they can.  Nothing quite as rewarding as serving others.  Seriously, when we have the opportunity to help, even if it is just helping someone find a room, or helping them carry something, it is rewarding.  It has been a day full of amazing experiences. 

An added benefit has been the amazing music in the morning and again in the evening.  I love listening to Becca Anderson sing and praise God.  Tonight she sang Wonderful Merciful Savior and I couldn't even sing, I just stood and soaked it all in!  (Love you Becca).

Tonight before the prayer we were asked to use a permanent marker and write something we were struggling with on the bottom of our shoe.  I sat there beside my son, and tried to think what I was struggling with.  After all living Minus the Crap has made me an expert at identifying the things I struggle with....  Nothing came to mind.  I started to write Aloneness,  I miss Chris and found out today he won't be coming up for the weekend.  I understand why and fully support what he is doing, I wouldn't have it any other way considering....however I do miss him.  But just as I started to write it, I looked at Andrew and thought.... I'm NOT alone.  I'm sitting beside friends on one side and my son on the other.  I'm not alone. 

Then I though perhaps it is feeling like a little girl and not a woman..... NOPE.... put me in a room full of youth and guess what I don't feel like a girl :).  As I went down the list of stuff I have struggled with, they didn't fit tonight.  Then the question, what is up, why not tonight.  Has it just been a good day, is that it. 

We were asked to stand up and stomp our feet at the same time. Then she had prayer... After the prayer was long over and my shoe was still free of words I found it...Tonight I am struggling with exhaustion.  Exhaustion from several days of long hours, constantly being on, and so much more.  I realized my challenges were all rapped around exhaustion.  I too tired to read, (ok maybe that is not a good example... I never like to read), too tired to do anything meaningful.  So I decided I am going to write Tired on my shoe.  I know I need to be more temperate. 

Tonight instead of stomping on my shoe, I am going to go to sleep and sleep in a little in the morning.  I am going to find the time to sit down, even lay down and rest tomorrow. 

Tonight I am praising God for being ministered to through music!  Tonight I am praising God I am not alone! Tonight I am praising  Jesus!!!!!!!!

No comments: