Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wed. We can choose where we look!

This morning after posting I kept thinking about looking for God in my day.  It is so easy to see the (C) sometimes.  So easy to see all that is going wrong.  So easy to see all that still needs to happen. So easy to see all that is irritating, all that is yuck, but- but if we are willing to look, willing to search, willing to give Him credit-- we will see how God is in our lives.  He is arranging lunches, answering prayers, comforting us, he is here! So today, I was determined to see Him and give Him credit.

So After posting, I had 4 emails to answer, phone calls to return and amazing things happened.  One email was from a potential students mother who I happened to go to Pisgah with.  We reconnected and enjoyed talking about our children.  I am praying for them as they make their decision and I am confident that Jesus was present in our conversation.  Then after that conversation I had a call from my friend Amy who was just calling to see how I was doing after the death of Justin and how the school and students were doing.  In the process of our conversation she offered to house the girls this weekend so that when my kids come home for the Memorial service they can stay in their beds.  It was very kind of her and I was very moved by her kindness and how God led her to call me.  It was perfect timing and such a blessing.  Then I had two very nice conversations with elementary schools.  It was just a very uplifting and encouraging morning.  I then packed up, went by the office to accomplish a couple things and drove home. On my drive home I was contemplating how much I had already experienced God! What a blessed full day!

After arriving home, I started the process of planning for the weekend, and next week.  As I was working on scheduling and sending out emails, I received an email from Kevin informing me that APCS (the school there at Pisgah) was complaining about some students not having received invitations to Academy Days.  We had just started mailing out invitations but have not finished the list yet. I don't need to go into details.... lets just say it is easy to loose site of what God has been doing in our lives.  It is so easy to get distracted.  So easy to focus on the complaining, so easy to let other peoples (C) (CRAP)!!!! (sometimes it just has to be said) get in the way! 

Tonight, I am remembering that today God was with me.  He brought joy, comfort, assistance and I above all know that He loves me and I love Him.  I know that today, I have done the best I can today.  So I am trying very hard to keep that my focus.  We all have a choice to see what he has done, and that is what I am planning to do!

No comments: