Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monday

Was a good day! Went to Ad Counsel asked permission to do a new program, had lunch with Beth, interviewed students for this summer and then worked until 10:45 on different projects at the office.  Then to my grandparents to catch some sleep.  Now I am running back to school to get as much work done as possible. 

Recently I have been struggling because of the amount of work I have, or the amount of work that still needs to be done. I would like to be caught up so bad.  I feel like I am on the down slope of a roller coaster and at the bottom are all the events coming up that I have to be prepared for.  The down slope is going by so fast it is crazy. When this happens, when I get this far behind I find myself fighting lots of Crap.  For example....

Becca, (my amazing intern for the summer) called this last Friday and we talked about the summer program and she is full of amazing ideas and things she would like to see us do.  After I got off the phone with her I was telling Chris all about the amazing ideas she had and I joked that she was going to "kick my butt"  this summer.  I love her energy, I love her passion and I am so excited to be working with her. This is exactly why I need an intern.  I believe interns can bring fresh ideas, and new perspectives, and she is no ordinary intern!  I am excited to have Becca!

So it is all good right.... well after the phone call I caught myself fighting (C).  (C) where I was suggesting to myself that I should have been doing more all along, I should have come up with more ideas, kept things fresh. Etc.  I mentioned something close to that to Chris and he immediately reminded me that it is the strength of having an intern or just two minds working together.  Why do I take her brilliance and immediately think it reflects negatively on me.  It is (C). 

I am so excited to work with her! I know the program will be better.  I know she will challenge me, even push me in areas that are often left behind.  I know we will be doing things different and better because of her. She is so needed and appreciated!

I am looking forward to spending the summer working with her and NOT letting my personal (C) get in! I want to appreciate her with out devaluing me.  I want to celebrate her strengths and my strengths.

So while I am plummeting down this roller coaster fall, I am trying to just hang on, do what I can, accept what I can't, and pray.  Pray I do what is needed and let go of what is not.  Accept who I am, be thankful for the gifts I have and stop comparing myself.  Stop comparing myself, and just be the best I was created to be.  Delight in the strengths of others! Delight in the strengths God has given me. Remember there is nothing without Him! After all He delights in me :)

For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness.
    With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: