Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pain no fun

So today has been quite a day.  I have been laid up with pain behind my knees and swelling.  It is more annoying than anything.  Pain is no fun.  I may need to get it checked out by a Dr. but had hoped it would clear up over time. 

This evening I watched a show on the Oprah network about Lady Gaga and her Born this way foundation.  In the story were lots of stories about kids who have been bullied, some who committed suicide and others who are working to make a change.  Lady Gaga mentioned being tossed in the garbage by bullies at her school when she was young and how no matter how famous she is or what she has become that it still is with her.  She said how at times in the quiet you still wonder if the message they were sending was true. 

Hearing her say that reminded me how important this crazy idea is of seeing the abuse and the lies as (C).   Somehow seeing it as (C) gives me instant permission to let it go, wash it off.  It  not only gives me permission but it makes it ludicrous to hang on too.  To here her say that she still questions it, that she still carries it with her sounds silly if you believe it to be literal crap!

I have spent way to many years feeling just like Gaga but not any more.  Frankly to think as she does gives the lie so much power.  It elevates the (C) to something treasured, because it is hung on to or preserved.   Hearing the story made me think perhaps this concept could be shared with kids.  After all if kids could start seeing it as (C), maybe they could wash it off before carrying it around and cherishing it for years and years.

I guess tonight, I am thankful that my pain was physical and not emotional.  Tonight I am so thankful for this journey and contemplating new ways to share it and perhaps a new audience.

No comments: