Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fighting for Contentment

Today has been for the most part a joy!  I am home from a wonderful high weekend.  A spirit filled amazing experience at JCI.  There is nothing better than seeing the holy spirit work at work in so many lives.  It was an amazing full weekend.  However, there is nothing better than coming home!  Coming home to my husband, being able to see my daughter for a few minutes, sitting by the fire, relaxing... it is all so good.

As I said for the most part it has been a joy filled day; however I have struggled with wanting to be farther along than I am... I know I just experienced on my run in a powerful way the importance of not looking behind or ahead, but just taking it one step at a time.   I know it, I have experienced it, but today i have struggled with wishing I was farther along than I am.  Farther along in my planning for the 3 separate sermons I have coming up.  Farther along in my work for Pisgah.  Farther along in my desire to get healthy, loose weight.  I have fantasized about being smaller for my 25th reunion in April, but the fantasy has not translated to doing anything about it. 

I talk to students all the time about not wishing they were something else but just living today as God would have them live and they will end up exactly where he wants them.  I believe it and I know it, but today I have had a hard time living it.

Tonight, I am so happy to be going to bed in my own bed with my man!  Tonight I am happy all three of my children made it safely back to school!  Tonight I am thrilled to belong to Jesus!  Tonight, I am going to surrender my desires to be farther along, and wake up tomorrow with  a willingness to surrender it ALL to him!!!!! To do just as He wants me to, to work on just what He would have me work on, eat just as He would have me eat, and focus only on tomorrow.  Tonight, I going to focus on taking life one step at a time!

No comments: