Thursday, March 1, 2012

Looking Up...

Today was all about hard work.  I started the morning working on getting projects done for work and I'm still not done.  It has been a very long day, feeling behind and inadequate to do the job needed.  I was working on design work.  I know when it looks right, I know when it looks clean and professional, but getting it there is another story.  I am not trained to use the programs, all my training has been by trial and error.  That contributes to a very long day, where I started fighting with (C). 

Then I chose, simply decided there was no point.  I am over trying to beat myself up.  So I did a simple thing.  I let myself be slow, I kept working and did my best to look up every time I started to get frustrated.  There was something wonderful about intentionally looking up.  Physically looking toward the ceiling, and saying a prayer.  Praying and then resting in the fact that He will give me exactly what I need to accomplish what He needs me, or is calling me to do! 

At one point I went out side and looked up.  I went out side soaked in the warmth of the sun and looked up.  Today I was reminded how important it is to look up!  How important it is to take time to breath, to take time to soak in beauty and all that is good, God!!!! In our busy lives, with stress all around, and (C) being thrown around by others, there is only one defense.  There is only one way to  cover yourself in saran rap (as Carolyn says) and that is to LOOK UP! There is something so soothing, so refreshing about taking time with God.  Even if it is just for a second.  Even if it is just to think on Him or praise Him.  It doesn't have to be a bible study.  Today I enjoyed the relief that comes from spending lots of little, delightful moments with Him!

No comments: