Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finding normal

I had the privilege to spend the night at the Anderson home last night.  It was a blessing.  I was not ready to go to my grandparents.  It may sound silly but I needed to be around people who knew what I had been through.  I knew my grandparents would not get it or understand.  I could tell them I ran the half marathon and finished but there was no more I could say! Sure I could tell them the story but I wasn't sure I could handle them not understanding or getting it.  It was too special.  To precious to me. So I really appreciated the Anderson's opening their home and Becca's room, and then a wonderful healthy breakfast this morning to start the day!  It was wonderful, then on to work. 

It is hard getting back to normal.  I don't want to be normal.  I don't want to go back, I want to move forward and be different, be better.  As I faced challenges at work, I kept thinking about my walk,  I kept thinking about how much our Lord wants to walk with us every day!!!!! How much he wants to grab our arms and help carry us up.  So I said prayers today and then had to trust that He will carry me.  He will guide and direct me. 

Today, when I had moments of feeling behind I stopped and remembered just putting on foot in front of the other.  So today what did I need to get accomplished today!  I worked hard, and then let go of the rest!  Today was simply a day of still basking.... still contemplating.... and then attempting to apply the lessons learned or experienced to normal. 

I realize I can't stay in the basking stage and I don't want to do that.  I want to move to a new normal.  A normal that looks through the glasses of a life changing experience. 

No comments: