Tuesday, February 14, 2012

143- Valentines Day

Warning.... there is only one thing or shall I say there is only one person this post can be about. 

On this day filled with chocolate, flowers and romantic dinners, I am home alone, not feeling my best and I am completely happy about it.  Sure I would enjoy another evening with Chris, sure I wish I wasn't spending most of my day feeling ick...but I am so thrilled that my husband is exactly where he should be right now!

Chris and I have had quite the love story. I have been reflecting on all the romantic gestures he has done over the years. Some huge... really amazing and showy.  Others quiet and simple.  Sometimes he has done very little, but I have NEVER questioned his feelings for me.  I have never questioned his desire to please me, to love me, to honor me.  I have always known he would do anything for me.

It was his love and acceptance, his unconditional admiration of me that started to give me a glimpse into understanding how Christ loves me. He knows me so well, he knows the good, bad and the very ugly.  He has seen the worst, and suffered because of my worst and has still adored me. The gift he has given to me is remarkable.  Chris is not an angel.  He is far from a perfect man.  He struggles just like everyone else. But there is no one else I have ever known who loves more strongly, both his family and his Lord. 

In the past few months Chris has been under a lot of extra pressure.  Much of the struggle our church has been having keeps involving him.  Chris may seem like a real fighter, but he loves and craves peace.  He may seem tough but his is at the core a gentle soul.  The conflict, the struggle has had a tole on him.  There have been many days when he is worn out, mentally and emotionally exhausted.

Tonight I am so thankful and happy that he has had the opportunity to be at the One Project!  It has been a much needed blessing for him! It thrills my soul to know he is exactly where he should be. 

So why talk about him, why share about Chris in this blog? There is no question he has contributed so much to the success of this journey for me.  He has read daily, encouraged me with notes, comments and  most of all... looks of admiration. He has hurt with me, laughed with me and encouraged me everyday.  So I thought it would be fitting to affirm him and highlight his contribution to this process on Valentines Day.  This has perhaps been one of our best Valentines Days.  I have the confidence and the knowledge that he loves me.  I have the joy of knowing today he has been blessed and that is better than roses and dinner. 

Happy Valentines Day love, come home soon! XOXO

No comments: