Wednesday, February 1, 2012

130- Claiming

Today I had a conversation with a student who is very alone in this world.  He comes from a highly disfunctional family and this past week, his father, someone he was still trying to hang onto as a parent figure, told him he wants nothing to do with him because he believes his son stole from him.  This poor boy came into my office and asked the question, "so what am I supposed to do now?"  At a loss for what to say, I claimed the promise in Psalms that says God is the father to the fatherless.

My day continued on with challenges, but each time I face (C) being slung or discovered (C) I was holding onto, I claimed a promise.  "I am with you,"  "You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you," "You are mine,"  "....I will run and not grow weary,"  No matter the issue there was some promise.  So many times we ask questions, failing to remember that there are answers, promises, waiting for us in His word.

An additional benefit of today was the quiet joy that comes from having a focus on Christ.  A focus on what He is saying, instead of the noise of this world.  "Come unto me all ye who labor....,"  Oh how blessed is His word! 

No comments: