Friday, February 17, 2012

145- Mentors

Mentors are such an invaluable gift. Today was an incredible blessing!  I had the opportunity to spend time with a woman who has been such a huge influence in my life.  She is a woman who always leads with grace, she loves with joy and has a way of getting you to spill your deepest feelings.  The first time I met her, she was sending me flowers, while I was home sick with my three children, and we had never met!  She then called me on the phone, affirmed me for being a mother and  prayed with me.  That was the start of an incredible friendship!

Today as we talked and shared, I can honestly say I experienced Christ. It is always an uplifting experience being around her.  She has a way of creating a safe place to be open.  A safe place to share the deep, dark, and even the beautiful! It is rare to find such a mentor!  It is rare to find such a friend.

In this life there is so much (C).  (C) being flung around by all of us.  (C) that we are told.  (C) that we experience by those who are mean and those who are hurting themselves. Yet in the midst of so much (C) there are moments when light shines through.  Moments of grace. Moments when hope is shared.  Moments when here we can experience Christ.  Those are (C) free moments.  It is in those moments when (C) can be washed away. 

I have talked about people slinging (C).  Sometimes intentionally, and many times unintentionally. Today, I experienced not just the absence of (C) but the presence of water, or sweet smelling lotion.  Today, I realized that if we are not slinging (C) then we can be part of helping to wash away the (C).  Yes I know it is Christ who supplies the healing cleansing power, but we can be his hands, we can be grace in action.  I also was reminded today that this process is not selfish.  Spending time each day to focus on the process of letting go of the (C), spending time each day putting it down, throwing it out the window, or taking a shower, putting on that fluffy white robe and putting on sweet smelling lotion is not selfish.  It is a process necessary for us to be the grace he wants us to be for others.  If I am holding onto (C), cherishing it, being comforted by  it, I am going to spread it to others.  Not intentionally, but it is not possible to be covered in it and not get it on others.  I can't eat a meal with you, or even talk with you with out (C) getting on you. 

I want to be a safe place of grace for those I come in contact with.  I want to be a place of unconditional extravagant love for my family and friends.  I don't ever want to contribute to your (C) by sharing mine!!!!!!

Tonight I am determined to keep working with God on this process of learning to live without (C)!  Tonight I am thankful for a beautiful day, with a beautiful lady who shared with me my beautiful Savior!  Tonight I am not only praying for healing, praying for cleansing, tonight I am praying that He will finish the work he has begun and  use me, REALLY use me to share His LOVE!!!!!

No comments: