Thursday, February 23, 2012

151- An Ear Ache

I want to begin this post by thanking everyone for their concern and love for me.  I want to apologize for yesterdays downer post....but I wont!!!! I was honest, and it is important for me to be willing to be open and honest even when it is sad or ugly.  I have spent way to many years putting on a face of "happy" so that those around me would be comfortable... regardless of the pain inside.  I'm done with that.  I am not planning on living my life, down, depressed and always crying! Yesterdays post will not become the norm....(I hope)....I believe facing the (C), washing it off, or burying it will produce, (as Lynn called it) a rose garden!  I believe with all my heart that focusing on others, being positive, sharing Christ, dancing, enjoying the roses, etc. will be all the brighter, all the sweeter if I am first willing to face and deal with the (C)!

Today I developed a nasty festering outer ear.  It started up and in a matter of hours and my ear was all I could think about.  I started having a hard time hearing clearly out of my right ear, I couldn't chew, it itched, it throbbed, it was getting hot, it was angry.  I found it interesting how little was wrong with my body, after all it was just the otter area of one ear, and yet how all consuming the pain was.  It was just a little area on one outer ear and yet it was ALL I could think about. 

I finally decided I needed to go get it looked at.  With the 1/2 Marathon on Sunday, I need to get this figured out.  I was afraid it was a terrible ear infection, and decided I had to find a Dr. to look at it.  So I went to a local Urgent Care and waited for almost 2 hours, to spend 2 minutes and be told everything is fine, it is just irritated.  She did prescribe some ear drops to help and I am hopeful it will be cleared up by Sunday...that is my prayer. 

It was a wonderful reminder and illustration of how incredibly important it is to take care of our hearts.  How important it is to take care or get rid of the (C).  After all it doesn't take much (C) on the bottom of our shoes to stink up a room.  It doesn't take much (C) on us to consume and permeate our lives.  When I think of how much (C) I have treasured, and hung onto, it is no wonder I cry! It takes so little and I have had so much!

I told Chris tonight, how I am on a mission to figure out a process for burying the (C).  Not burying it as in ignoring it, but letting it go, putting it down and covering it with soil so it can be fertilizer for something beautiful!  That is my prayer, to figure out the process.  To find some intentional steps, that will help get rid of it!

Here is what I do know.  I do know it has everything to do with Jesus Christ.  I do know He is the cleansing water, the warm shower or the soothing bubble bath that washes it all away. 

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 

Psalm 51:2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 

Jeremiah 24:7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart. 

Ezekiel 11:19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

I know scripture has an important part in this process.  Yesterday when I saw the Doctor, she gave me ear drops, meds to help heal my ear.  I like to think of scripture as the medicine, or the soap.  It certainly has an important role.

Tonight I am going to memorize one scripture.  One scripture to repeat 3 times a day or when needed :)...

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

I like this version....

Therefore, if anyone is in the Messiah, he is a new creation. Old things have disappeared, and-look!-all things have become new! (International Standard)

My paraphrase.... If I am in Him, in Christ Jesus, I will be washed sparkly clean.  All the (C) will be gone, and wow what an incredible garden will grow! 

Oh how I am ready to be living in a spring garden, blooming beautiful colorful sweet smelling flowers instead of piles of (C).  What a contrast.  What a beautiful thing it is, that God created this earth in such a way, that the sticky discarded,  becomes the food for such sweet smelling beauty! I call that heaven magic!

Therefore, if anyone is in the Messiah, he is a new creation.  Old things have disappeared, and look! all things have become new!

No comments: