Monday, February 20, 2012

148- An MtC day!

With 8 hours of driving, a meeting, breakfast with my girls, and dinner with my man, today was a wonderful day! I enjoyed the drive, listening to music, sermons, and talking with Anna.   It was for the most part a MtC day.  The only (C) was fear realizing it was exactly one week till the race. One week till the Princess 1/2 Marathon!  I started to not just be afraid but to accept (C),....BUT.... I rolled down the car window... and then let myself be afraid, let myself have nerves without the (C) that usually accompanies it.

Having a day without the (C) made it easier to absorb what was going on around me.  Today I was listening to sermons and being blessed and learning. I was open, free, ready to take in.  When you are covered in (C) or holding it, it is hard to focus on anything else. After all the stench, the mess that gets everywhere you touch etc, makes it impossible to clearly and without distraction see others or hear truth.  I am so thankful for today, so thankful for a day where I drove through rain, sleet and snow yet basked in the Son all day long!

(This was written last night, and for some reason didn't post as I thought, so I am posting it this afternoon!)

No comments: