Sunday, February 12, 2012

141- Slippers

Today I spent some time with a couple girl friends I almost never get to see anymore.  I headed over to Carolyn's house first thing this morning in a sweatshirt and slippers, with hair up in a pony tail.  I was far from cute but comfy, warm and dressed perfect for the important act of curling up on a couch and chatting with girlfriends. 

After a couple hours of chit chat we decided to head out for lunch.  So we went down town to the Ethiopian restaurant.  We had a lovely lunch. The conversation was about all things important, like children, God, church etc.  As we were leaving I looked down and realized I had forgotten to put my shoes on and had gone into the restaurant with my red slippers on.  It may not sound like much, but I can't begin to tell you the layers of crap that normally would have flooded into my mind.  Instead I laughed at myself, and continued on with wonderful conversation.  Today was about connecting, getting things done and I am no less of a person, no less valuable because I didn't put on make up, wore slippers down town and wore a frumpy hoody with a pony tail and gray hair.  What a wonderful day!  I was free! It was such a joy!

Today is my sons birthday.  I remember the day we found out I was pregnant.... AGAIN!  That day I praise God we had a sense of humor.  I praise God we laughed and were able to look forward to meeting our little man.  Well, today he is 19 and not a little man any more.   I know God knew we needed Andrew here on this earth, and I believe he has a special plan for him.  He has already been such a blessing for our family! Happy Birthday my boy! 

It is hard to believe that my baby boy is 19.  Where did the years go? It can't be possible, can it?  Well since there is living proof, I suppose it is a great opportunity to acknowledge how fast time can fly and make every day count.  Everyday be a day filled with love! Hug those around you.  Relish in friends, family and most of all God.  He cherishes you and me!  He delights in us!  Bask in it!

No comments: