Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello! Friday and Sabbath posts.....

Oh wow, I'm not sure what happened to the last post.  It was sent from my phone in a text message which is supposed to be possible.  I am so sorry.  I have not posted in a while.  Last Thursday was my last post.  Friday I traveled to Orlando Fl.  with my girls to prepare for the Princess Half Marathon.  Our hotel did not have free internet so I was unable to post. Now my computer is having difficulties. Not sure what is wrong, but my battery is having issues.

I have been taking notes and working on posts everyday.  I am going to write one post that will cover, the process over the last several days. 

Friday:

As we were on our way down to Florida we passed through Apison, TN where the tornado did so much destruction.  I have been through there many times and have been amazed by the range of hills where the trees look like sticks or straw that has been tossed around.  Then every once in a while in that mess of "sticks" you would see a flattened house.  Friday while driving through I saw the same "sticks" tossed around on the same range of hills, but now where the flattened homes had been are new brick beautiful homes with landscaped beautiful lawns and new trees.  They looked out of place in the midst of all the destruction. I couldn't help but think what a blessing home insurance has been for all of the families who lost their homes.  Because of their insurance they are able to rebuild.  I know they have lost so much, but out of the sadness and destruction has come a new and beautiful home.  I also wondered if the new homes were just like the old ones or a brand new floor plan, I wondered if they had been brick or made of siding the first time and why they choose the new brick.

So what does this have to do with me living minus the (C).  Well, seeing the new homes coming out of destruction made me think of our insurance. I have an the assurance that Christ can make something better than before, stronger, more beautiful, and new.  In the midst of the remains of destruction Christ will make a new.

Sabbath:
Was able to spend the day with my girls.  We made preparations for our run, spent time sleeping, eating and just being together. We were all nervous and excited.  I wrote on a piece of paper that my struggle with (C) was thoughts of defeat before I even began.  I was scared, I was questioning my abilities and struggling with knowing that I could have done more.... I fought with lots of (C)!  It was a rough day.  Finally sabbath evening trying to fall asleep at 5:40pm, since we had to be up around 1am.... I prayed, I prayed that God would take the (C) away, that he would give me peace and the ability to sleep.
 

No comments: