Sunday, February 19, 2012

147- 21 Weeks of Blogging

Today I have had the privilege of spending time with all three of my children.  It is a rare opportunity I highly value. Each one of my children is so unique.  You could say they are nothing alike. I enjoy having completely different relationships with each.  I don't try to be fair because that would be like trying to climb a mountain in a row boat or going down the rapids with nothing but hiking boots.  Each child requires a unique relationship and I love that.  I love all three, miss all three, and am incredibly proud of all three.

I have spent much of my life feeling it necessary for my relationship with God to be similar to people around me whom I admired.  I grew up yearning to have a relationship with God like my mother or my father.  I sought approval and affirmation from others. I needed them to affirm what I was experiencing in my relationship with Christ as "right".

The first time I started questioning this idea was after I got married. I started to understand that as unique as I was, so should my relationship with Christ be.  Today, I have struggled with reverting back to my old way of thinking.  I don't really believe it.... but somehow today little things have happened that have made me envious of others with a relationship different than mine.  For some reason likeness affirms me.  It is crazy though!  After all, there are lots of people who believe the same way who are completely wrong!  All of them!  Likeness has nothing to do with rightness!

As I spent very different time with each of my children today, and enjoyed every minute of it, I was reminded that God must not only be alright with us having unique relationships with him, but he only wants to have real and genuinely unique times with us!

Tonight I am praising God that he created me to be me!  Tonight I am especially grateful that he desires to have a relationship with me that is like no other!!!! It is a custom designed, one of a kind relationship, JUST for ME!!!!

No comments: