Tuesday, January 31, 2012

129- Free (posted late....fell a sleep)

Today was a very long day.  The biggest event was being interviewed and filmed by Ron Quick for a promotional video that highlights our recruiting team.  Now, I have posted about how little I like having my picture taken.  To be on video..... 100 times worse.  Who wants to look 10 pounds heavier. I hate hate seeing myself on video.  I dreaded it, was hoping that he would not use me at all....and he still may cute me out....but dreaded it something terrible.

However, dreading it... perhaps.... but I did not let my fear cripple me.  I was able to talk myself through it.  I pictured (C) and letting it go.  I told myself that this was not me or looking good or not, but about us being in the right place at the right time, to minister to the people we need to.  I kept reminding myself that we needed to just share the stories, it is all about the stories, and we can tell stories.  It is not about how I look. 

I shared with the students that I was nervous and how this felt awkward. One of them said they were glad to know I was nervous too.  Then we went on to talk about why we were doing this and had prayer.  In my prayer I was silently asking God to wash away all the (C) and let me be free to share Him. 

I am so grateful for the practice I have had in this process.  It helped so much.  The interview went great and we will wait and see what the finished product looks like. 

Today, I am praising God for the answered prayers.  For helping me to let go and be free to share Him. Today was a great example of why this process is good.  Many times when I am writing late at night about piles and piles of Crap, I have questioned why this process is important.  Why would anyone go through this, and frankly whether or not it is even good to do.  Some days it feels like it is too much about me, too much about (C) and not enough about things that really matter.  Today was a wonderful example of how letting go is important so that we can adequately share God. Yes there are days that are filled with (C) and seemingly just myself, but that is the work so that when the call comes, or when the opportunity presents itself I am Free, Free to share God, FREE!

No comments: