Tuesday, January 24, 2012

123- Finding Joy!

I have been up for 14 hours, going non stop.  I had 3 hours of sleep last night so needless to say I am ready to crash.  This morning as I got ready to face a long foggy drive, a day filled with meetings, phone calls to return, and students to work with, I thought of when Paul says, "consider it all Joy".  Consider it all Joy has been in the back of my mind. 

I took the time to call my parents as I drove (helps to keep me awake).  We had a wonderful conversation.  Daddy told me about flying to Texas to help my niece find a church she would feel comfortable in. Her mother, my brothers ex wife is a lesbian, and Suzanne wanted to find a church that she could take her mother.  Not an easy thing to find, which is sad.  So my dad flew to Texas to visit with pastors and churches to see if there was any church that would welcome her.  He found one!  Believe it or not, he found one.  He then proceeded to describe what a powerful service it was.  Listening to him be so moved about simply finding a church where my niece can attend alone or with her mother was powerful. I found such joy in listening to my fathers passion.  Listening to him fight for anyone.  I was impressed!  JOY JOY!

Then was able to have a lunch meeting with a group of people I really enjoy.  Joy!

Spend a few minutes with a friend... JOY!

Work with students as they practice music to praise God.  JOY! JOY!

Had several conversations with potential student families.  JOY!

Found a possible solution for keeping track of people.  JOY!

Said hello to the grandparents who are looking so good. JOY!

Enjoyed a piece of Fresh Apple Pie in bed :) JOY! (Shhhh)

Tonight I am so grateful for the scripture that was in my mind this morning.  So thankful for the concept that even when things are terrible, because we serve an amazing God, who likes to do things in ways that don't make sense us,  we can do the impossible which is to consider it all JOY!

No comments: