Tuesday, January 24, 2012

122 - A, "Wow.... Really", Moment

This morning I awoke with an unrelenting thought.  The thought was this, if I am running with my girls, I need to do all I can for this to be a great experience for them, and I know Anna would love to dress up and if we are a team then we should all dress up. (For those of you who don't understand, the Princess 1/2 Marathon is a run where many of the runners dress up.  There are lots of  tutus, tiaras, full princess costumes, and lots of all things girly!)  However, I can't begin to tell you how much I don't want to dress up.  I have always hated the idea of dress up.  I don't care if everyone is doing it, I don't want to look like someone else and I could not think of anyway possible to dress up "princessy" and still be me.  The unrelenting thoughts of my girls desire to dress up,  finally got me out of bed to get my computer and try to get this thing figured out.  After breakfast with Chris and kissing him goodbye, I settled down with my computer. I came up with a couple ideas, called my girls, we talked and made a decision.  I am not going to share all the details, you will have to wait for pictures.  Lets just say we are all very excited!  Talk about stepping outside of my comfort zone!

Later thinking about the race, I again started getting worried.  Then I thought of my brothers and said, "I sure wish I was like my brothers who one day decided to run a triathlon and the next day ran it. Why can't I have their genes"  Then I thought, "Wow really.... I DO have their genes."  I have just never tried to do anything major and physical.  But seriously I do come from the same parents.  I can't tell you how many times I have wished I was like my brothers and my sister.  They are talented, handsome/beautiful, adventuresome, frankly good at most things they try, just wonderful! I can distinctly remember events, when I would sit back and look at my family and wish I was like them.  The sad thing is.......... I am like them.  We are family and very similar.  I have just not valued myself enough to see the similarities. So today, driving home I actually yelled at myself and proclaimed out loud that I am just like my amazing siblings and I just need to realize that God created me with all kinds of abilities and if I don't acknowledge them, I am dishonoring Him!  Becca Anderson posted on her facebook this wonderful quote, "By respecting yourself, you're respecting God".

So tonight I am acknowledging the genetic basket I was given by God and am honoring Him by doing so.

Tonight I am setting down the (C) of  being so stiff,  I can't dress up and be silly!

No comments: