Tuesday, January 17, 2012

115 Baby Steps

Today I was able to share the concept of living without the (C) with a couple girls.  Today I worked hard to get less behind. There is so much to do it is overwhelming! 

I have frankly had a rough day.  I am just going to blame it on having to leave my husband.  Honestly, I dug into my room, have cleaned out a lot but had to leave in the middle of my work and that is unsettling.  I have found, thanks to many of you, in this process that I am a perfectionist of sorts.  I have also learned that I need to be content with baby steps.  It works great in the kitchen.  I am doing better with that.  However my bedroom is a different story.  It frankly seems pointless unless I can figure out a way to get it organized so that it can stay nice for more than a day.  It also is depressing because the cleaner it becomes the more you see all the construction stuff that needs finishing.  It is just hard to keep going.  I am trying to remember to just keep going. Trying to remember that baby steps are better than no steps.  I am trying to remember that even if it doesn't look good when I am done it is far better than (C) everywhere.

I think the same is true for the inside of me. So many times I feel discouraged, because I want faster progress.  I want to wake up one morning and be confident, giving, free and thin!  I want so much to be transformed completely.   I don't want to be forgiven, I want to feel forgiven.  I don't just want to be able to face my day, I want to go through it praising God!  I don't just want to do a good job, I want to look good while I am doing it.  :)


Here is the deal.  I realize it may seem simple, (make the room a financial priority) we just can't financially swing getting it done.  I know God wants us to put our money else where for the time being. Knowing that, I somehow have to be content with little improvements.  I have to be content with small doable steps, and those steps are terribly important right now.  Just the same, I must be content to take the small doable steps on the inside of me too!  I may not be thin today, but I can dress neat and clean.  I may not have everything together, but I can work to the best of my ability today!

Today is all about baby steps.  Trying to be content in the little things.  The little improvements, and know they ad up to be exactly what God has planned for me! 

No comments: