Wednesday, January 11, 2012

109- Friends

So I have been lying here trying to decide what to blog about.  For a moment I considered not blogging at all, but I know tomorrow I would regret that.  There is something wonderful and amazing about trying hard to stick with something.  It is pretty rewarding and though I have been far from perfect at this process I am trying to let go of the failures and keep moving forward. 

I finally decided tonight I would write just  a bit about friends.  Friends don't have much to do with Crap, or at least good friends don't.  Good friends encourage, good friends uplift, good friends give me courage and really good friends make the crap just crap and so much easier to wash off. 

Today I had the privilege of spending time with a wonderful friend, Beth.  No not me, another Beth. There isn't anything profound to say about our time together, it was just a wonderful time.  We didn't solve the worlds problems or even ours but I just really enjoyed our time together.  Reflecting on my day, there is definitely crap I could tell you about, (nothing I have not already written about many times before) but this blog is supposed to be about living Minus the Crap, and today the minus the crap part of my day, was spending time with Beth.

If you want to live minus the crap spend some time with a good friend, who knows you and still likes you! In my childhood I had a terrible time with friends!  I was often the third wheel, shunned, left out.  I remember being hurt a lot by girl friends.  It made me gravitate toward the boys.  Not as boyfriends but just friends.  Girls hurt me way to often and their stupid petty ways wounded my soul.  Yet after having a terrible childhood, with a string of failed friendships, in my adult life, I have been richly blessed.  Friends have helped me through some of the darkest times.  Friends have helped me celebrate the biggest joys.  I feel very rich in my friendships.  Lavished upon and what a blessing it is!

So tonight I am reminded of how important these bonds are with the women in my life! There are many of you and I love each one. (I would start naming them but am certain I would leave someone out and I don't want to do that)  You know who you are! You know I love you!  I appreciate you walking this road with me!  I appreciate the simple joys of just being together.  Thank you for being the minus the crap part of my life!    

No comments: