Saturday, January 28, 2012

127- Laughter and being yourself.

It has been a very long day.  It started with early church, leaving the house before 8am and ended in a different town, with a late dinner.  There have been many blessings for sure.  Beautiful music played by young people is always such a blessing.  Delicious food, time with my man, watching the drama team minister with their talent and hard work.   What blessings.  However, by far one of the greatest blessings today was laughing and being completely comfortable to be myself.  Last Sat. night we had a few friends over and we all enjoyed wonderful moments of laughter!  It was wonderful and healing!  Tonight, we went out after vespers with Rick and Beth and we just really had a great time laughing.  I am reminded of my first post after listening to a Christian comedian, when I wrote about the importance of laughter.  It is very healing!  It is something I cherish.  In my family, my brother Jon was always given the title of comedian.  He was always the funny one! I loved his humor and still do!  I have in recent years realized that I can not only enjoy laughing at others but when I feel comfortable I can be quite funny too.  Chris gets the most exposure to my humor, I suppose it is because I feel the most comfortable, with him!

Tonight as I am ready to shut things down and get some sleep, I realized that my humor is there, I have just never felt comfortable enough in my own skin to use it. Frankly, when I am self conscious or insecure or covered up with (C) it is hard to even think of things that are funny. The moments when I am able to be funny are the same moments when I feel comfortable to just be me.  So tonight, I am ready to let the me shine a little stronger.  I am ready to let go of whatever it is that keeps me from being who God created me to be.  I am ready to laugh and ready to make others laugh too! As the (C) is washed away it will be interesting to see who is under all that!

What a wonderfully enjoyable evening it was! What a blessed gift friends are who can make you laugh and laugh with you too!

No comments: