Friday, January 6, 2012

105- Happy Friday Night!

Happy Sabbath, Happy Friday night!  I love Friday night!  I am still waiting for the family to get home.  It is just be for 6pm as I start writing this and I am sitting almost stunned at my day!  Stunned in a good, yet how did that happen sort of way.  It started out just as I had planned, getting up early, starting to bake homemade bread for lunch and tomorrows agape feast! Then anxiously awaiting the arrival of Didi and her amazingly beautiful little children.  We were going to have a quiet morning with bread  baking in the oven and little ones running around.  Then I texted Carolyn and asked her if she would like to come over for some coffee.  To make a long story short, next thing you know I have a kitchen full of friends, making lunch, homemade ice cream in my new blender, and demonstrating bread making!  Then after Carolyn, and Didi had left I still had another guest who enjoyed sitting and talking for a while.  It was all such a delight but certainly not my original plan.  Then at 3:00pm the house was suddenly quiet and still and I started trying to figure out what all I needed to get done before tomorrow for the agape feast, tomorrow night.  Just as I start collecting my thoughts the phone rings and it is a room mate from high school whom I have not spoken to in years.  This past year her mother died and lets just say there were deep conversations to be had.  I just got off the phone with her minutes ago.  So it is official today was all about FRIENDS!!!!!!! What an unexpected blessing! It truly was a blessing!  ..... (Chris just got home.... I'll write more later......)


Back again... We have finished our rice and raisin supper and I am back to blogging.  So nice to talk with Andrew, Anna and Chris about their day.  Missing Sarah, but thankful to almost have our house full! 

Today started with my devotional from "Made to Crave" (gave the wrong title yesterday! oops sorry!)  it was on the story of the rich young ruler. Of course we have all heard it, but she focused essentially are we willing to give up the gluttony of food for Him.  Interesting thought that I have been contemplating all day.  (Not whether I would be willing to give it up but what else may I need to give up for him.)  I have been contemplating the simple idea that truly what our Savior wants is for nothing to come in between us and Him.  He doesn't want our relationships, our work, our food, our exercise, our health, our religion to interfere with our relationship with him. Nothing! What means the world to me, where are my riches and am I willing to let go?

Today as my quiet little gathering kept getting bigger and bigger, and phone calls kept me longer away from my work, I just kept thinking that perhaps today was not supposed to be about my plan! Perhaps today was supposed to be about connecting, about serving, cooking for others, and enjoying every minute.  One thing I was reminded  of was the importance of holding a baby! Holding a baby can sooth you like nothing else, holding a baby reminds you of promise, hope, and the amazing gift of life.  It humbles me and reminds me how we are all here to care for and love each other and without that we are really nothing.

I struggled with C today, but I am not going to list it all!  Today I struggled but set it down and tonight I am thankful for the amazing friends I have, for their beautiful children, for their encouragement and love for my children, and the joy they brought to my life today!  I didn't get a chance to go running, or get my work done for tomorrow night, but it will work out and I know that God knew I needed today more than any amount of productivity!  So to the beautiful ladies that had a part in making my day a special one, Thank you!!!!!!!

Tonight finds me letting go of Crap and focusing on the blessings of friendship
Tonight finds me willing to let go, of whatever it is God wants me to let go of!

No comments: