Monday, January 2, 2012

100- 1st Day of the New Year!

So I completely forgot to blog! The first time I just completely forgot! Sadly it was on the 100th day and the 1st day of the year! I am sad that I missed the opportunity to blog on the first day of the year and the 100th post, on time....ergggg.....

Well, I am not going to add Crap just because I forget, so I will write the 100th post. 

I think forgetting in some ways is good news.  I was having such a delightful time with Chris and things were finally quiet, I became completely occupied by a movie and talking with Chris about our New Years Eve party, and the quiet we were enjoying.  It was so peaceful blogging just never entered my mind. Crap never entered my mind!

So the first day of the new year and I have completed 100 days of blogging.  That is pretty impressive for me.  I can't think of anything that I have done more consistently. It might sound funny writing that on the day I forgot to blog. However, I am proud of doing this for more than a couple weeks. 

I have been reflecting on some of the changes. 

1.  I have been getting things done around the house on a much more consistent basis.  The last several days I have been trying to put my finger on what it is that has made the difference.  I know I just feel lighter, I feel like life is not as overwhelming as it has been.  I have not been all or nothing.  In the past I would feel the need to completely finish everything and if I didn't have the time or energy I just did nothing.  I have been successful in just working for a few moments here and there and not feeling the pressure to do it perfectly and completely.  It has made a huge difference.  For example, this morning when I went into the kitchen there were dishes from last night that needed washing and just stuff everywhere, left over food, etc.  I wanted to make healthy food today, and knew I needed the kitchen cleaner.  So I just started washing dishes, Chris came in and helped, I put away party items, threw away an old plant that has been struggling for years, I wiped down counters, cabinets, and before I knew it the kitchen look wonderful.  I did more than I had planned but was enjoying it.  I would never have done that in the past, because it seems over whelming but today I just said, I will do a little.... and it ended up being much!

2.  I am not a dancing woman yet!..... but I did do a cookie dance at the New Years Eve Party.... I took hot chocolate cookies around as I was "dancing" and waved them under everyone's noes trying to entice them to take a cookie.  Sounds stupid, and it was.... that's what I am so proud of!  I would have never been free enough to do that in the past!

3. I have noticed a huge difference in listening and accepting the Crap!  I don't automatically say it, and if I do hear it or feel it I have been very quick to identify it for what it is and put it down.!

I am thrilled, and look forward to the 265 more days.

No comments: