Wednesday, April 4, 2012

195 Seeking

Today has been a day of seeking grace, seeking strength, speaking peace in the midst of the storm. I left the house in plenty of time to get to work at a decent hour, and then discovered that the freeway was closed, not just backed up, it is closed. We all, in a very long line of vehicles, were set out to meander through the country side for a good 45 minutes. All in all it took me an hour longer to get to work than expected! I stopped by SAMs to pick up some pictures I had ordered of my grandmothers house that she has been begging me for....check one thing off the list, right? Nope after seeing the pictures she asked for copies and pictures of the outside with all her blooming azaleas. So I headed outside to take pictures with my phone, off to the office, up load them to SAMs and order pictures. Then off to lunch, I get an email from the chaplain with info he wanted in a program that has already gone to press. Ergggg. Then a not so lovely email from a coworker. Then trying to get things ready for the trip. Called the printer and was told we could reupload the file. Then spent to much time trying to fit in the new info, resave etc. Then realized the finance people have left and I need money for the tour that starts tomorrow......and so on and so forth....(finance guy did come back and take care of things). That isn't the half of it....

Peace. Yep I'm asking a lot! Yet peace is what he promises! At one point today I just closed my eyes and imagined his face. Not the story book picture or even Him in all the paintings I have seen, but just Him. My own version, my own picture. I imagined His eyes. Ahhh moments of peace. I listened to a recording of Anna singing a song in church...Ahhhhh. I said a prayer, I put my feet up on the desk leaned back and imagined a field of bright red poppies, the result of burying all the Crap I could have picked up today! It wasn't exactly a restful day, but there were wonderful moments of peace that carried me. Lunch with Beth and Rick where we talked of our kids :)! Phone calls of encouragement from friends, and imagining that field of poppies!!!!

No comments: