Wednesday, April 25, 2012

216- Surprise!

This evening I got a call from Chris as I was parking the car in the parking lot of Tupelo Honey, a local restaurant here in Asheville, NC.  He sounded so happy, almost excited.  I asked him about his day and he didn't say much.  Trying to find out where the happiness was coming from I asked if he was riding his motorcycle.  No, he told me there was to high a chance for rain.  I was sitting in the car with Rachell a student here at Pisgah.  I had agreed to take her out for a quick dinner.  She is trying to eat vegan, so since supper in the cafe was grilled cheese sandwiches, we decided to go out.  With her in the car, I decided to say good by to Chris and head inside. 

Rachell and I ordered and than proceeded to have a wonderful conversation about the day and life in general.  I am so impressed with this young woman.  She is smart, witty, and a girl who loves the Lord.  It was so uplifting.  With the past couple days, the stress level etc.  it was such a beautiful conversation.  We were enjoying our time, and then Surprise!!!!! I look up to see Chris walking toward me!  Instantly my stomach leaps, I start to tear up, I'm so excited he is there.  I tried to restrain myself!  I didn't want to make Rachell uncomfortable. Perhaps the most moving was realizing the joy in his voice, the excitement I heard was the anticipation of him seeing me!  Wow! It wasn't a motorcycle ride, it wasn't a raise, or just a good day at work, it was me! 


This morning I awoke without  hearing my alarm and realized I had 10 minutes to meet two beautiful girls for our breakfast date.  I had the privilege of going to breakfast with two of the sweetest, smartest little girls you could ever meet.  They are so joy filled.  They just delight in life.  Gum, and fruit snacks delight them.  Going out to breakfast is new and exciting.  Drawing and writing their names on the paper covered tables brought giggles and many minutes of fun!  Oh how precious!



On one of the most stressful days of the year for work.  Today I treated myself to a ladies breakfast where joy was shared, where I was reminded of the simple pleasures.  These precious girls reminded me of the importance of being like a child, and finding the joy in the little things.

On one of the most stressful days of the year, my man so beautifully showed me his love and support.  He surprised me, drove 2+ hours just to see me.  He came so I could spend some time with my head on his chest, breathing in peace, and strength.  Today started with childlike joy, and today is ending with peace that comes from the knowledge of a lasting and true love.  What a blessed day. 

Today, because of the blessings that come from those who love me, I am resting, knowing HE has it covered and somehow if I give it up, HE will be glorified!

So today, I am living MtC because of Gods love in the morning at breakfast, and because of the surprise of a grand gesture God blessed me with.  What a beautiful way to sandwich an otherwise stress filled day!

No comments: