Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sabbath.... is a happy day!

It is 11:32 and I am finally sitting at home where it is quiet.  This day has been so long and I am so tired that tonight I am going to just list the (C) I struggled with and the blessings too!

Blessing: woken up by a loving husband

(C): struggled to decide what to wear, I always feel more comfortable in nice dress slacks, not a fan of skirts.  I struggled with feeling fat, struggled with wishing I was an effortless feminine woman who could just throw on any skirt and a top and look beautiful. (So much more (C) about how I looked, just too much to list!)

Blessing: My husband rode with me to church, I didn't have to drive that huge shuttle all by myself.  Had a moment while he was driving, I was admiring him.... had the thought, "He choose me!"

(C) Consumed with worry, worry about how the kids music would be received, worry about their lines, worry about the time etc.  Way to much (C).

Blessing: Chris agreed that if we went long and interrupted Sabbath school it wouldn't be the end of the world.  It helped to set down or wash off a lot of (C).

Blessing: The students were at church on time, dressed beautifully bow ties and all.

Blessing: First Service went well, the students did a great job and we were done at 9:45, a few minutes early!

Blessing: Sabbath school,

Blessing: Second service went very well!  I was so proud of the kids, they are terrific!  It wasn't perfect, but I was blessed!

(C):  A church member came up to me after the service and wanted to know...(in a critical tone).. why that (pointing) student wears a hat in the sanctuary.  He points to one of my students with a knit cap on, the cap he put on for the roll he was playing just moments earlier.  I just pretended to act like it was no big deal, as I said, "it was for the skit".  Change the subject.  I then struggled with feeling bad I had not told him to take it off, I felt bad I had not thought of it.  Then I thought about the skit we had just done, the one where he was wearing a knit cap, with two messages one, don't judge people by what they wear and second stop preaching and start helping!  I looked at my student in his knit cap and he was working to pack up instruments, and move things out to our shuttle.  I know he was not trying to be disrespectful, he was not rebelling, he was serving and doing his best to praise God and worship him! So I said nothing to him.

Blessing: having a house full of friends and students

Blessing: made it home safe and sound after driving the students back to Pisgah.

Blessing:  A text from Joanne!

Happy Sabbath Everyone! 

2 comments:

Lucy said...

When will we be able to come to church and not have someone say something negative? I am so disappointed that happened. If we were in Jesus' time, it would have been wrong for all the woman not to have something on their heads! Why do we feel (as humans) that we have to "straighten things out"... all the time. I am guilty of that feeling and I do try and fight it. Well I didn't hear the service (I was greeter), but I heard it was wonderful!
On the second note you wrote about.. is what woman doesn't leave the house thinking she looks fat... well not many... I thought the same thing about myself, then someone said I looked like I had lost weight....instead of feeling good, I thought... I must have REALLY looked fat the last time she saw me... can we ever win this battle with (c).. not sure... what I saw when I saw you was someone a little stressed because we wants so much for her church to love her (students) children... So please don't be so hard on yourself! Realize that one person said something negative, but many more said so much more and YOU are wonderful! Hope you are having a restful stress free day today.

Tammy said...

Blessing? YOU!!! To our children and to our school and to our lives! Love you, Beth!