Friday, April 20, 2012

211- It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want too.....

Well it is my birthday and I have cried. Not from sadness but overwhelmed with love!!!! First, the most beautiful emails from dear friends who know all the right things to say! I awoke to their kind words and was overcome with joy and love. Then time with my dad preparing for a sermon we were blessed to give together. Our study time was uplifting, we ministered to each other and then we put together our sermon. What a blessing to see eye to eye with your dad about deep theological issues that are not just expected. I'm proud of my dad! I was also blessed by my husbands help at a stressful time, his willingness to be my support ministered to me! A wonderful phone call from my brother Peter who I dearly love and miss. Messages from my other siblings, being sung happy birthday to with a sprinkled covered doughnut, thanks Becca and Andrew! Lunch with such a fun group of friends! Over 100 Facebook messages, what a blessing. Roses from Mike and Lynn. My drama team supporting me tonight, and all wishing me a happy birthday. It has certainly been a (-C) day... (thanks Lucy for the new symbol!). Oh yes my Aunt Lynn sang to me too. Lydia sent me a sweet message, and so many others.

Tonight I'm am thankful for my short comings.... So the only (C) today I buried and God made something beautiful out of it.... Today was hardley the day I had planned. I was busy, and could not seem to get it all done. It was 6:40 pm when I headed to the guest house to get cleaned up. ( i needed to be at the church no later than 7:15. 7 would have been better) Chris was still at the office working for me on power point, I ran to get cute...or try. Then I realized there was no time, my make up was not with me, it was in the car, I could not find my tweezers and I desperately needed to pluck the chin and upper lip hairs. I was distraught and the (C) started pilling up... Then I prayed, told God I was burying it and headed out the door, chin hairs and all! It became an illustration in the sermon, and more than one person mentioned how much they could relate or how appreciative they were of my chin hair illustration! All I can say is what a blessing to have God take it and use the very crap I buried today! God is good.

No comments: