Friday, April 27, 2012

217- Roller coaster rides are nice in Amusement Parks...ONLY!

I know the title is way too long!  But it is true.  I love a good roller coaster ride.  The anticipation, the climb, the crops, spins, never knowing what is coming next, or knowing and anticipating the thrill.  I love them.  I love them in amusement parks. 

The last two weeks has been an almost hourly roller coaster ride of ups and downs.  Moments that thrill my soul, affirm what I am doing on this earth, give me energy to keep fighting the fight, and then literally moments later I am fighting with a challenge that seems impossible to over come.  I would love to share with you details, of the highest and the lowest moments so you could understand the magnitude of this roller coaster, but I can't! I will say this, tonight, was a terribly difficult time!  Tonight was a time when the low seemed to go on for ever and you wondered when it would stop!!!

So what do you do with the lows, how do you celebrate the highs, with the lows right there!  How, how, how!
As I sat tonight thinking about this roller coaster ride, I had a thought.  We are not here to be glorified!  We are not here to have everything go right so that I can say, wow look what I did!!!!  We are here to serve, we are here to do our part, to love those around us, to forgive, to share joy, to find the good.  It is not about how we are when things are great, but when things are difficult. 

Today, I hurt for those around me.  Today, I saw lots of (C)!!!! Today, I am going to sleep, praying for so many who are hurting!  Today, I am going to sleep, praying that in all things!  That is ALL things HE will be glorified.

No comments: