Thursday, April 19, 2012

209- Thankful! So very Thankful!

Today has been a roller coaster.  First I have to leave home, the arms of my adoring husband and drive back to work in Asheville, so bummed! Since my phone won't work I stop at a Verizon store near my home...they are only retail can't help me out.... bummed! Found out the closest place to get it fixed or replaced is in Monroe, (right next door to my husbands office).  I pick him up and we go get the phone taken care of together, so excited to see him again!  Then we go to an early lunch, so excited to eat with him! Then I have to say good bye again,  so bummed!  Then drive to work 21/2 hours and was able to get lots done on my broken phone, so excited!  Then arrived at school and found out a former student died... sooooo incredibly sad! Find out a friend of my is having a bad day, wish I could help!  Then I go eat dinner in the cafe' and one of the staff members little girls comes running up behind me and hugged my neck,  so thrilled!!!!!!!  Then I head down to the Ad Building for the final report of the evaluation committee, and was blown away!!!!  So proud of my school!!!! So proud of our students!!!!!!!!!!! Then back to my office with Tammy to work on ways to spread the good news from the evaluation!!!!!!  Then back here to my grandparents to find the wireless internet working!!!!!!!!!! Such a blessing.

There were some profoundly sad moments today, and lots of amazing happy moments.  My heart aches for one of our families, for our family!!!! As we are trying to still heal and morn the loss of a former student just weeks ago, we are now once again surrounded and over come with sadness.  I did not personally know the student but I know his family quite well and love them!  My heart breaks for them!!!!

So on days like today I live MtC thinking on His promises, praising Him for the blessings, and soaking up His comfort!  God is good and that we know!  He will comfort us and he will strengthen us!  He will morn with us and in His presence we will rest! 

No comments: