Monday, April 9, 2012

199- Sunday Fun!

We are exhausted!  Exhausted!  Yet fighting through Chris and I got up and made roll ups for the drama team.  After a full breakfast we headed out the door at 10am.  Drove to Carowinds where we spent the entire day, riding rides and having fun. After leaving Carowinds at 5:30 we drove down town to go and see STOMP.  I was so tired that I was falling asleep in STOMP! Seriously, they were banging trash cans clapping and making all kinds of noise... and I was falling asleep.  I think that is proof enough that I am EXHAUSTED!!!!!

Today was a good day MtC.  I was free, having fun on roller coasters, dancing at times, just enjoying the beautiful weather and the amazing 12 students I was with. There is something wonderful about their goofiness, their energy that gives me joy.  The sunshine was so healing and amazing. There was a nice cool breeze, a perfect compliment to the warm sunshine.  There was an overall lightness to the day.  The spring air was fresh and invigorating. It was just a wonderful time.

I contemplated the idea of keeping my focus on Jesus. Perhaps not what most people are thinking about at Carowinds.  It was Easter Sunday though and I had just blogged about keeping the focus on Him. We were having a great time, but I think God wants to be thought of and included in our fun times too!

So while walking around riding on roller coasters I was thinking about all the amazing fun things he gifted our minds to come up with.  I was literally thanking him for the creativity and ingenuity He gave people to come up with the coasters.  While eating I was so thankful for the delicious taste!   I was thanking Him for the sun, the breeze, the laughter!  I was thanking Him for the group of students and their willingness to stay together.  I was thanking God for Tanya Musgrave and her willingness to come along and be with us!  I was thanking God for everything.  I found I was more patient, more peace filled.  It was wonderful!

Today was a wonderful day!  I am so thankful for FUN!  For JOY!  For LAUGHTER!  For SILLY THINGS!  For the STUDENTS!!!!!!!!

No comments: