Tuesday, April 17, 2012

208- I'm a Bride!!!!!!

Yesterday I remembered a promise I had made to a student several months ago.  I remembered I had agreed to take a group of students to Charlotte  for the Gungor concert.  I had talked with Chris about it and he agreed.  He had purchased tickets months earlier.  He called to ask if we were still planning to go.  When we started this plan we didn't know our school would be in the midst of the accreditation evaluation.  When we made these plans we didn't know I would have just returned from a trip to Seattle and would be exhausted!  The student had not mentioned anything to me in a long time and I wasn't sure he had even remembered.  Never the less I talked with administration and made arrangements to go just in case.  It would mean me leaving school around 4pm.  driving 2+ hours to the concert, seeing Chris for the duration of the concert and then driving back 2+ hours in the middle of the night back to the school.  I was just too tired!!!!

After talking with the student, and finding they still wanted to go I struggled to find the energy to even think about it much less do it!!!  Then while eating dinner with a friend, she suggested asking someone else to take the students.  That way I could drive to the concert, see Chris, go home with Chris, sleep with Chris in my bed, and then drive back in the morning!  So much better!!!!!  I made one phone call and the answer was no! I then I talked with the student and suggested a name he knew well.... the answer yes.  So I am home blogging on my computer in my chair listening to Chris whistle!  Life is good! 

The concert was great!  I was so tired I decided to be FREE enough to sit when everyone else was standing and dancing!  I was exhausted, so I sat and looked at the amazing architecture in the ceiling while listening to the amazing music!  At one point in the concert a woman read a poem about us being the Bride of Christ.  The poem was powerful.  It beautifully described His love for us in our imperfect state.  He loves us as we are! We are Him imperfect bride.  It profoundly moved me.  I know it is cheesy, but I sat their looking at the 100 year old ceiling in all its glory and imagined being a bride, fully clothed in spender, yet completely me.  With this disgusting fever blister I have coming out my noes right now, with the blisters on my feet, with the stuffed up noes and exhaustedness, yet with it all he is yearning for me, His bride.

It was a wonderful thought.  I have been fighting with lots of (C) today.  Seriously I'm not exaggerating when I say I have a disgusting fever blister that fills one nostril and has spread out my noes and onto my upper lip.  It feels like it is growing still and is causing terrible pain.  It is gross! Today while trying to have a conversation with members of the evaluation committee I kept thinking about my nose!  How sad is that.

So tonight, I am His bride, in all the spender of a Bride.  I am His and I still have the fever blister.  I am defective and  I am adored! 

So one more day attempting to live MtC

No comments: