Thursday, April 5, 2012

196 -19 hours and counting

I have now been up for 19 hours and counting.  My alarm went off at 4 am and I am just now getting the opportunity to settle down and possibly go to sleep.  I am exhausted as you can imagine so I will keep this brief. 

I have spent the entire day with the MPA drama team.  We have performed, traveled, had relationship issues, but mostly just good times.  I am looking forward to the next several days together.

I have had moments when I struggled with feelings of inadequacy when trying to fit 12 students into our home.  I wish I was a better house keeper and organizer.  It is those moments when I fought with (C) that says I'm not enough. 

Then this evening we were trying practice a skit that was all about people being who God created them to be. It was about being free to be you, and that is what honors God.  To many times we take on what other people are, we become mimickers.  I don't want to mimic.  I am not particular about some things, I would rather have the living room full of instruments, students learning to praise God together than it look nice.  I would rather let them all be together and enjoy their time than to spread them out and around in other homes.  So then I need to be happy with just that!  I am thrilled to have them here.

Tonight I am letting go of the (C) that says my home is not enough.  I am letting go of the (C) that says I don't do enough and focus on what Christ wants me to be doing.  My focus is going to be on who I need to be.  Please pray for us.  This will be quite a tour.  Pray that God gives me wisdom to support, lead, and love this group of students.  What a huge responsibility.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

As I have said many times before, our houses shouldn't reflect who we are....I wish I could help you get ready for your visitors.... Call on friend. I always think your house looks GREAT. I wish I had your decorating flair!! Kids are happy to just be away from school & their parents. I am sure hundreds of them wish you would adopt them!!! They could care less about your house., but will remember this time their entire lives.... And none of their memories will be filled with some negative about your house! Prayers are being lifted up!