Wednesday, April 25, 2012

214- Monday SOOOOOOO Much to do!

This is the week leading up to Academy Days. Academy Days is perhaps one of the most important things I do all year.  It is when potential students come onto our campus to check out the campus, staff, students, and overall program in an effort to make a decision about school.  It is what can make the difference in them coming or not.  The preparations are huge and with the drama tour, and other major events I am now finding myself behind.  Today was a day filled with lists, figuring out what I can do, and what I must do. 

At about 4 in the afternoon, I headed into Beth's office.  I desperately needed to talk about something for just a couple moments that had nothing to do with school or work.  I was hoping we could spend just a couple minutes and talk about our kids.  When I stepped into the library I could see her office was empty.  I said something to the student watching the library and she said Beth had gone home sick.... I was so disappointed.  I was so ready for a break, so ready to have some Beth time!

Disappointed, I went back to my office and went to work.  I worked until 8:15, then headed to town to pick up some supplies I had promised a student.  I made it to the store just in time to hear them say we needed to make our final purchases before they closed.  I rushed, found things to buy and then checked out.  It was 9pm and I was starving.  I finally decided to go to Cracker Barrel and get a grill cheese and french fries.  Not exactly a nutritious.  I left Cracker Barrel around 9:45 and then drove to Grandparents.  I fell into bed and started this post.  Then I found myself panicked about all that I needed to do so I stopped blogging and worked until 1:45 on Academy Days Schedule.  This morning the first paragraph of the blog was completed and the rest sat unfinished.  Knowing I had so much to do I just ran to work and decided to finish it tonight.

 Yesterday, another day of trying to live MtC found me working very hard and long, finding little time for things that really matter to me!  Today was difficult, but one of those days where you just do what you have to do!  I'm afraid this whole week will be that way!

No comments: