Wednesday, May 9, 2012

228- Back at work

There is no question I have not had nearly enough rest to be back at it again. The weekend of events and then the wonderful day at home were amazing but not that restful and now finding my self at work again.... I'm not ready.  Blogging has been pathetic, mostly because each evening (or even mornings) I find myself just too tired to think.  It has been sad!!!!!!  Today work was fine, nothing terribly eventful, but it was hard!!!!  Tonight I too the drama team along with the Vaughan's out to pizza to celebrate the end of the year! It was lovely! Yet it lacked the joy I would have expected because I am exhausted.  I feel like I am moving through life, even accomplishing things but I am just moving, not living! 

I have tried several different things, but frankly I'm to tired to try much.  Even writing this, I have already shut my eyes three times and almost not opened them.  It is crazy. 

I know the rest of the staff are the same!  I know there is so much more that needs to be done!!  I know I have to find a way to just keep moving forward, resting as I can, but it is so hard. 

Today I made a list at work of all the things that have to be accomplished and it was overwhelming!

I find it hard to blog because I feel just numb.  I feel like I am in a fog. I feel like I am always in that in between state of being asleep and awake all day long.  (OK enough all ready I think you get the picture) 

Tonight I will say this, I know this will pass.  I know I will once again be rested!  I know it will get better and until then I will do this....

1. Daily say a very short prayer,  "Lord give me the desire today to serve you!  Give me the wisdom to know what must be done.  Give me the strength to accomplish it! Give me the grace to do it in a way that glorifies you!"

2. Accept that being tired, exhausted does not in any way reflect on my abilities or the lack there of.  I am simply tired and that is that!

3.  Step outside and spend at least 1 minute a day looking at something beautiful He has made.

4. Sleep with the windows open, fresh air is important!

5.  Find something to laugh at!

6. Sleep, sleep, sleep when ever possible and or appropriate!

That is going to be my recipe for surviving this time!

No comments: