Thursday, May 17, 2012

234- Where did the day go?

Have you ever come to the end of your day and asked the question where did the day go? Today was one of those days.  I hardly had time to catch my breath.  Going from one project to the next, fighting fires, trying to get scheduling done.

In the process of it all I just kept plugging along.  I didn't let myself stop.  I spent most of the day working on a project that hasn't been my responsibility, but it needed to be done.  I was feeling better and better as the day came to an end.  Not done with anything but I felt accomplished and like I was at least making headway.  I asked for help from my kids, had them do some grocery shopping and we were even able to have a home cooked meal.

What a blessing to get things accomplished, eat healthy food, be with family etc.  I am convinced at the end of today that being with family (in a healthy family) contributes to being able to let go of (C). I for just a split second started to go to the (C).  I started to pick it up again, (you know the crap about not being a good enough woman, not having groceries so the kids wouldn't have to do it, wishing I was..... You know all that (C)).  Yet when asked the kids were so cheerful, willing helpful, I let it go.  Reminded myself there is no room for that very old been around (C).  I'm done with it.  I asked for help,  accepted the help, and praised God for the support around me.

So today at the end of a very long day, I am exhausted yet thankful for my family and their help in practical ways and their contribution to my MtC day!

No comments: